Ms. Leonard was elected to the TRWD Board in 2006. A graduate of Southern Methodist University, she owns Leonard Golf Links Practice/Teaching Facility and owns two buildings occupied by the Nike Golf Center in Fort Worth. Ms. Leonard also is president of Margolf Corporation. She is extremely active in the Fort Worth community, serving on numerous boards and committees.
Leah M. King
Mrs. King joined the TRWD Board of Directors in 2017. She is currently the president and chief executive officer for United Way of Tarrant County. Mrs. King is very active in the community, and serves on many boards and committees throughout Fort Worth and Tarrant County. She is also a member of the Leadership Fort Worth 2010 and Leadership North Texas 2011 classes. She and her husband, Barry, have one son.
Mr. Lane was elected to the TRWD Board in 2006. He is a graduate of Texas Christian University, and received his Doctor of Jurisprudence from Baylor Law School in 1966. Admitted to the bar in 1968, he served as Captain in the United States Army, JAGC from 1969 through 1973. In 1973 he returned to Fort Worth where he began legal practice with an insurance defense firm. In 1975 he opened his own law practice on the North Side and currently practices criminal, aviation, personal injury and family law.
Mr. Hill was elected to the TRWD Board in 2017. Born and raised in Fort Worth, he is a graduate of the Business Honors Program at the University of Texas at Austin. In addition, he received his MBA in the Accelerated Program at TCU. A banking executive with significant experience in finance and real estate, Mr. Hill is also very active in the community. He and his wife have two kids and live in Fort Worth.
Mary lives in east Fort Worth along the Trinity River where she and her husband, Larry Langston, operate a cattle ranch. She became interested in TRWD after their farm flooded from the Trinity River. Mary served on TRWD’s board from 2013 to 2017 and is passionate about water issues. Mary strives to provide citizens with information and insight into TRWD policies and business practices.
TRWD’s next at-large election will be held on May 1, 2021, to fill three, 4-year positions on its Board of Directors. Elections are held every two years.
Please visit the interactive TRWD Taxing District (Voting Boundaries) Map to confirm eligibility to vote and to look up your closest polling location!
- Applications for a place on the Tarrant Regional Water District’s General Election Ballot may be found on the Texas Secretary of State Website – Form 2-21
- Election forms may be filed at 804 East Northside Drive, Fort Worth, Texas 76102 or can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- First Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot: Wednesday, January 13, 2021
- Last Day to File for Place on General Election Ballot: Friday, February 12, 2021 at 5:00 p.m
- Notice of Deadline to File An Application for Place on the Ballot: English, Spanish and Vietnamese
- Order of Election for May 1, 2021
- Notice of Election Officer
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot to be held Monday, February 22, 2021, at 3:00 PM
- Notice of Election (includes polling locations)
- TRWD Taxing District Boundary Map
Candidate Information:An informational candidate packet can be downloaded here. This packet includes an Application for a Place on the Ballot and finance campaign forms.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications:
- Resident of Texas
- Own land subject to taxation by TRWD
- Have reached an age of 18.
Tarrant Regional Water District General Election
Three Seats for Board Member on the May 1, 2021 Election as appearing on the ballot.
|James Hill||February 11, 2021|
|Jeremy Raines||January 28, 2021|
|Jack Stevens||January 19, 2021|
|Charles "C.B." Team||February 11, 2021|
|Mary Kelleher||January 14, 2021|
|Leah King||February 11, 2021|
|Glenda Murray Thompson||February 9, 2021|
Eligibility to vote in the TRWD Board Election:
- You must be 18 years old
- Registered voter
- Live within TRWD’s taxing district
- To see if you are eligible to vote, click here or look on your tax statement for the code: 223 TARRANT REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
Voter InformationTarrant Regional Water District contracts with Tarrant County Elections Administration for election services.
- Click here to visit the Tarrant County Elections website
- Phone Number: 817-831-8683
- Email: email@example.com
- Interactive Voter Lookup. Search for voters, polling locations, and sample ballots
Campaign Finance Reports
- Click here to see reports
General Ordinance Information & Public CommentThe District’s General Ordinance regulates the water and land under District jurisdiction. It is used to protect District lands, properties, buildings, water quality, and to regulate the use of lands around TRWD reservoirs and the Fort Worth floodway and the reservoirs and floodway themselves for recreation and business purposes.
The District’s Commercial Facilities Ordinance provides minimum standards for the operation and maintenance of Commercial Facilities located on District land or waters to protect public use, access and safety and to maintain good water and environmental quality.
Proposed changes to these ordinances are shown in the document that can be viewed here. Should the Board vote to adopt the revised ordinances, public notice will be given through legal notices published in newspapers in each county comprising part of the District’s service area.
Revisions have also been made to several guidelines used to evaluate residential improvements on District reservoirs, regulate recreational facilities, and permit mooring buoys on Eagle Mountain Lake. These changes are explained in the document which can be viewed here.
The public can submit comments regarding the proposed ordinances to TRWD by emailing PublicComments@trwd.com or sending comments by mail to:
Tarrant Regional Water District
Attn: Ordinance Update
800 E. Northside Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76102