Leah M. King
- Mrs. King joined the TRWD Board of Directors in 2017. She is currently the president and chief executive officer for United Way of Tarrant County. Mrs. King is very active in the community, and serves on many boards and committees throughout Fort Worth and Tarrant County. She is also a member of the Leadership Fort Worth 2010 and Leadership North Texas 2011 classes. She and her husband, Barry, have one son.
- Mr. Hill was elected to the TRWD Board in 2017. Born and raised in Fort Worth, he is a graduate of the Business Honors Program at the University of Texas at Austin. In addition, he received his MBA in the Accelerated Program at TCU. A banking executive with significant experience in finance and real estate, Mr. Hill is also very active in the community. He and his wife have two kids and live in Fort Worth.
- Mrs. Kelleher lives in east Fort Worth along the Trinity River where she and her husband, Larry Langston, operate a cattle ranch. She became interested in TRWD after their farm flooded from the Trinity River. Mary served on TRWD’s board from 2013 to 2017 and is passionate about water issues. Mary strives to provide citizens with information and insight into TRWD policies and business practices.
- C.B. is a 5th generation and lifelong Fort Worth resident. He is a Partner and Principal at Ellis & Tinsley, Inc. He holds both Texas and Colorado Real Estate Brokers Licenses. C.B. takes his profession a step further investing his time into community development. C.B. has volunteered as a Livestock Department Superintendent at the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo every winter and was appointed to its Board of Directors in 2021. He is a graduate of The University of Texas at Austin, serves on numerous local boards, and is a commercial-rated pilot. C.B. lives in Fort Worth with his wife and their two children.
- Paxton Motheral was elected to the TRWD board in 2023. A Fort Worth native, he graduated from Trinity Valley School and earned a B.B.A. in Finance with an emphasis in Real Estate, as well as a B.S. in Ranch Management from Texas Christian University. He also attended the Massachusetts Institute of Technology where he pursued a Master of Science in Real Estate Development. Mr. Motheral serves as Vice President of Cassco Development Co. He is also involved in many civic and real estate industry specific organizations including the boards of Streams & Valleys, the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo and the Sportsmen’s Club of Fort Worth. He is also actively involved in the Urban Land Institute and the Real Estate Council of Greater Fort Worth.
TRWD’s next at-large election will be held on May 3, 2025, to fill three, 4-year positions on its Board of Directors. Elections are held every two years.
General Election Information: May 6, 2023
Tarrant County Voting Rosters (scroll to Election Reports)Board Biographies page.
Applicants must meet the following qualifications, as provided under Texas Water Code section 51.072:
- Resident of Texas
- Own land subject to taxation by TRWD or be a qualified voter* in the district
- Have reached an age of 18
Accepted Applications for the May 6, 2023 Board of Directors Election:
(applications are available by clicking on the candidate's name)
- Joe Ashton
- Charles "C.B" Team
- Paxton Motheral
- Chad Moore
May 6, 2023 Election Documents
- Notice of Deadline to File an Application for Place on the Ballot
- Filing Information for a Place on the Ballot
- May 6, 2023 Election: Candidate Packet
- May 6, 2023 Election: Calendar of Important Dates
- Important Information for Applicants
- May 6, 2023 Order of Election
- Notice of Drawing for Place on Ballot
- May 6, 2023 Ballot Order
- May 6, 2023 Notice of Election (including early voting and election day locations)
- Election Officer
- Voters with Special Needs - Notice of Voting Order Priority
Eligibility to vote in the TRWD Board Election:
- You must be 18 years old
- Registered voter
- Live within TRWD’s taxing district
- To see if you are eligible to vote look on your tax statement for the code: 223 TARRANT REGIONAL WATER DISTRICT
- Please visit the interactive TRWD Taxing District (Voting Boundaries) Map or the TRWD Taxing District Boundary Map PDF to confirm eligibility to vote and to look up your closest polling location!
Voter InformationTarrant Regional Water District contracts with Tarrant County Elections Administration for election services.
- Click here to visit the Tarrant County Elections website
- Phone Number: 817-831-8683
- Email: email@example.com
- Interactive Voter Lookup. Search for voters, polling locations, and sample ballots
Campaign Finance Reports
Policies and Procedures
Construction and Operations
This committee reviews District construction activities and operations and maintenance of District infrastructure. Examples of items that are screened by this committee include: design, construction, and maintenance contracts for new and existing infrastructure, water supply contracts, conservation programs, watershed protection and water quality, and electricity purchases.
Committee Members: Kelleher, Motheral
The Real Estate committee is concerned with real estate purchases, operating agreements, and sales of real estate.
Committee Members: Kelleher, Team
Finance and Audit
This committee reviews District financials, investment policies, and audits. It also serves as the primary Board point of contact for internal audit.
Committee Members: King, Hill
Administration and Policy
This committee’s purview includes General Manager performance appraisal and compensation, review and recommendation of the annual District staff compensation budget, Board Governance policies, and District policies.
Committee Members: King, Hill
The Recreation committee considers all aspects of the District’s recreation investments. This includes infrastructure investments, infrastructure operations and maintenance, programming, and events. Construction and operations and maintenance activities specific to District recreation infrastructure fall under this committee (all other fall under the Construction and Operations committee).
Committee Members: Team, Motheral
This committee is comprised of one member of the governing body (or an officer) from each Initial Contracting Party (City of Arlington, City of Fort Worth, City of Mansfield, and Trinity River Authority) and a member of the TRWD Board of Directors. The committee meets in February or March to discuss the District’s Capital Improvement Plan, review the annual audit, and discuss other matters pertinent to the committee. Each August or September the Committee meets to consider recommending the budget to the District’s Board of Directors.
Committee Members: Team
Summary of Assignments
|Construction and Operations||Kelleher||Motheral|
|Finance and Audit||King||Hill|
|Administration and Policy||King||Hill|
General Ordinance Information & Public CommentThe District’s General Ordinance regulates the water and land under District jurisdiction. It is used to protect District lands, properties, buildings, water quality, and to regulate the use of lands around TRWD reservoirs and the Fort Worth floodway and the reservoirs and floodway themselves for recreation and business purposes.
The District’s Commercial Facilities Ordinance provides minimum standards for the operation and maintenance of Commercial Facilities located on District land or waters to protect public use, access and safety and to maintain good water and environmental quality.
Proposed changes to these ordinances are shown in the document that can be viewed here. Should the Board vote to adopt the revised ordinances, public notice will be given through legal notices published in newspapers in each county comprising part of the District’s service area.
Revisions have also been made to several guidelines used to evaluate residential improvements on District reservoirs, regulate recreational facilities, and permit mooring buoys on Eagle Mountain Lake. These changes are explained in the document which can be viewed here.
The public can submit comments regarding the proposed ordinances to TRWD by emailing PublicComments@trwd.com or sending comments by mail to:
Tarrant Regional Water District
Attn: Ordinance Update
800 E. Northside Drive
Fort Worth, Texas 76102