Bids / Vendors

Lake Recreation (camping, hunting, fishing, parks, etc.)

Notice to Purchaser Information

Open Records Request

Trinity Trails

Volunteering / Events

Water Quality

Water Supply / Lake Levels

Bids / Vendors

I'm interested in becoming a TRWD vendor. Where do I start?

Please register your business at our Vendors page or directly at our vendor portal. After registration is complete you will be notified about opportunities with TRWD.

Where are your RFPs and bids posted?

Opportunities with TRWD can be found at our Vendors page and www.civcastusa.com.

Does TRWD have a diverse business policy?

Yes. You can view the entire policy here.

Where can I find contact information for your purchasing department?

Contact information is available at our Vendors page on the bottom of the page.

Lake Recreation (camping, hunting, fishing, parks, etc.)

Trinity Trails
Who maintains the Trinity Trails?
Trail maintenance is a shared responsibility between TRWD and the City of Fort Worth.
What are trail hours?
TRWD Trail Hours are 6am to 10pm.
Are motorized vehicles allowed on the trails?
No. The trails are specifically for walkers, joggers and bikers. Motorized vehicles are prohibited.
Are dogs allowed on the trails?
Yes, dogs are welcome on a leash. And don’t forget to clean up after your furry friends.
Are there kayak access points on the Trinity River?
Yes, and we have an easy Kayak Launch Guide you can follow.  
Eagle Mountain Park
What are the hours of Eagle Mountain Park?
The park is open seven days a week from dawn until dusk.  
Marine Creek Lake
What are the hours of Marine Creek Lake?
The lake is open from 5am to 10pm.  
Twin Points Park
What form of payment is accepted at the park entrance?
Cash and major credits cards are accepted. Learn more on the Twin Points Park website.

Notice to Purchaser Information

TRWD is not subject to the Notice to Purchaser requirements of Section 49.452 of the Texas Water Code for real estate transactions within its boundaries. The District does not provide services to household or commercial users and does not currently have any outstanding general obligation debt to provide those types of services. As of September 17, 2019, TRWD’s tax rate is $0.0287 on each $100 of assessed valuation. The total amount of bonds, excluding refunding bonds and any bonds or any portion of bonds issued that are payable solely from revenues received or expected to be received under a contract with a governmental entity, approved by the voters and which have been or may, at this date, be issued is $250,000,000, and the aggregate initial principal amounts of all bonds issued for one or more of the specified facilities of TRWD and payable in whole or in part from property taxes is $1,500,000.00. TRWD has not adopted or imposed a standby fee on property in its jurisdiction. PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT THE INFORMATION SHOWN ABOVE IS SUBJECT TO CHANGE BY TRWD AT ANY TIME.

Open Records Request

According to Section 49.452 of the Texas Water Code, TRWD is not required to provide a Notice to Purchaser for real estate transactions within its boundaries. The District does not provide services to household or commercial users, and does not currently have any outstanding general obligation debt to provide those services.
How to Request Open Records
To request open records from the Tarrant Regional Water District (TRWD), fill out the form and click “Submit” or submit by mail or fax. Provide a detailed description of the records requested and include the name, address, and a daytime telephone number of the person making the request. Requests submitted after 5 p.m. Monday through Thursday will be considered as received on the next business day. Requests submitted after 4:30 p.m. on Friday will be considered as received on the next business day. By Mail: TRWD, Attn: Open Records Request 800 E. Northside Drive Fort Worth, Texas 76102 By Fax: 817-877-5137 “Attn: Open Records Request”
What you need to know about Open Records Requests
Information taken from the Office of the Attorney General website Your request must be in writing. Only written requests trigger a governmental body’s obligation under the Public Information Act. Your request should be for records that are already in existence. Governmental bodies are not required to answer questions, perform legal research, or comply with a continuing request to supply information on a periodic basis as such information is prepared in the future. The Public Information Act allows governmental bodies to set a charge for providing copies of public records.
What Requestors can expect
The governmental body must “promptly” produce public records in response to your request.  “Promptly” means that a governmental body may take a reasonable amount of time to produce the records, which varies depending on the facts in each case.  The amount of records you have requested is highly relevant to what makes a reasonable response time. Please note that TRWD is required to give a response to written requests for records within ten business days.  This response may range from providing the requested records, seeking clarification of the request, certifying to a date that the records could be produced or seeking an Attorney General opinion. If clarification is sought, please note that a request for information is considered withdrawn if the requestor does not respond in writing to the District’s written request for clarification or additional information within 61 days. The Public Information Act prohibits the governmental body from asking why you want the records you have requested. The governmental body may, however, ask you to clarify the request if it is uncertain as to what you want, and it may discuss with you how the scope of your request may be narrowed if you have requested a large amount of information. If the governmental body wishes to withhold any of the information requested, it must: Seek an attorney general decision within ten business days of its receipt of the request and state the exceptions to disclosure that it believes are applicable. The governmental body must also send you a copy of its letter to the attorney general requesting a decision within ten business days. If the governmental body does not notify you of its request for an attorney general decision, the records you requested are generally presumed to be open to the public. Within 15 business days of receiving your request, the governmental body must send the attorney general its arguments for withholding the requested information and copies of the records that were requested.  You are entitled to receive this notice; however, if the letter to the attorney general contains the substance of the information requested, you may receive a redacted copy of the letter. If the governmental body does not timely request an attorney general decision, notify you that it is seeking an attorney general decision, and submit to the attorney general the records you requested the record is generally presumed to be open to the public. If an attorney general decision has been requested, you may submit your written comments to the attorney general stating any facts you want the Open Records Division to consider.

Trinity Trails

For more information about the Trinity Trails, please visit the Trinity Trails website.

What are the rules for trail use?
The Trinity Trails are a shared recreational resource that serve our entire community. Trail users are expected to exercise respectful and cooperative behavior at all times. Please remember to share the trails and follow any city / county laws that may apply in a particular area.
Is there a fee to use the trails?
No, however, if you want to host an event of 100 or more people, then a permit is required and a fee might be assessed. Smaller gatherings are allowed without a permit, but please keep the public in mind. The Trinity Trails are a shared recreational resource that serves our entire community. During your event, no part of the trails or trailhead can be closed off in any way to accommodate your guests. The Trinity Trails are a first-come, first-serve public amenity.
What are trail hours?
Trail hours may vary based on location. Generally, the hours are 5am to 10pm; however, hours vary at city parks, which may be adjacent to the Trinity Trails.
Where do I submit a maintenance request?
Please contact TRWD through the contact form at the Trinity Trails website.
How can I stay up-to-date on trail closures and construction?
Trail detours and construction updates are available on the Trinity Trails Interactive Map. On the go? Download the Trinity Trails App in both the iOS App Store and the Google Play Store.
Is professional photography allowed on the Trinity Trails?
Individuals are allowed to use the Trinity Trails for professional photography. All corporations and large productions must apply for a permit on the Trinity Trails website. The Trinity Trails are open to the public and cannot be closed off in any way to accommodate your activities. It is a first-come, first-serve public amenity. All city/county laws still apply and no vulgar activities will be tolerated in any way.
Are you able to fly drones on the Trinity Trails? Is aerial photography allowed?
Aerial photography is allowed if all FAA regulations are being followed for the type of equipment you will be using. There is controlled airspace in and along the Trinity River and you may need to contact the regulating authorities for authorization to do so.
Are motorized vehicles allowed on the trails?
Personal motorized vehicles are prohibited. This includes ATVs, golf carts, motorcycles, etc.
Are boats allowed in the Trinity River?
Yes, kayaks, paddleboats and other non-motorized boats are allowed. For water access points, check out our Kayak Launch Guide. Motorized boats are prohibited at these locations.
Are dogs allowed on the trails?
Yes, dogs are welcome on the trails. Please remember to clean up after your pets and respect other trails users.
Where can I fish along the Trinity River?
Fishing is allowed in and along the Trinity River with a permit from the Texas Parks & Wildlife (TPW). TRWD and TPW host annual trout stockings in Trinity Park and River Park every winter. For more information, visit the Trinity Trails website.
Are horses allowed on the trails?
Several trailheads along the Trinity Trails are suited for horse trailer parking and horses are permitted throughout the entire system. Recommended trailheads for parking include Hogsett Trailhead, Riverside Trailhead South, Meandering Road Trailhead, and White Settlement Trailhead.
Are the Trinity Trails patrolled?
There is not a dedicated Trinity Trails police unit; however, the City of Fort Worth police department does patrol the trails. Dial 911 for an emergency. Designated 911 markers can be found throughout the trails. For non-emergencies, contact the Fort Worth Police Department.

Volunteering / Events

How do I book the TRWD Stream Trailer / Watershed Experience Trailer at my event?

For more information or to complete the application, visit the Environmental Resources page, under the Curriculum & Education category.

Questions about TRWD Trash Bash cleanup kits, registration, event information, etc.?

Visit for more information or contact trashbash@trwd.com.

How do I get information about sponsoring an event?

To learn more about how to sponsor a TRWD event, complete the form here.

Does TRWD offer any community service projects?

TRWD offers an annual cleanup that can count toward community service hours. A volunteer certificate is included and official community service logs can be signed with proper notification. Learn more about our volunteer opportunities at our Volunteer page.

Water Quality

What is the quality of our reservoirs?

Since the late 1980s, TRWD has been collecting water quality data from each reservoir, the major tributaries to each reservoir and some wastewater plants near the reservoir. Samples are typically taken quarterly, and the data is used to monitor the health of the water on a short-term and long-term scale. The reservoirs were built for water supply, and for that purpose, the water quality is in great shape. This chart shows the parameters that are monitored. Read the most recent water quality executive summary.

Is the water safe to swim in?

There is an inherent danger when swimming in a natural lake because of naturally occurring bacteria. TRWD routinely samples the reservoirs and Trinity River for E. coli bacteria. This data is used to assess the waters based on the standards set by the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality and approved by the US EPA. Our reservoirs have shown great compliance under the standard for contact recreation, but we know at times of flooding when the water is turbid from runoff, the potential for elevated bacteria is a concern. The Trinity River is much more susceptible to a change in water quality from a small rain than reservoirs. Users should exercise caution on the river after a local rain.

What causes tastes and/or odor changes in my drinking water?

TRWD does not treat water for drinking. The district delivers raw water to its customers’ water treatment plants and storage lakes in Tarrant County where the cities then treat the water and supply more than 2 million residents. Geosmin, an organic compound commonly found in Texas lakes during the winter months, causes the taste and odor changes. Geosmin is not harmful to your health but does have a distinct earthy flavor and aroma. Customer cities are aware of the change and treat for geosmin; however, there are times when they cannot fully remove it. The district also performs regular water quality monitoring and posts these reports monthly.

Are the fish safe to eat from the lakes and Trinity River?

There are no fish consumption advisories for any of the TRWD reservoirs. Lake Worth, which is managed by the City of Fort Worth, has an advisory posted for channel and blue catfish and smallmouth buffalo that extends up to the segment of the Trinity River between Lake Worth and Eagle Mountain Lake (ADV-45). The Clear Fork of the Trinity River below Lake Benbrook and West Fork of the Trinity below Lake Worth continuing downstream south of Dallas do have advisories posted warning of no consumption of any species of fish (ADV-43). Please visit the Texas Department of State Health Services for maps and the latest posting of fish consumption advisories.

What is PAM, the amoeba that can kill young swimmers?

Primary amoebic meningoencephalitis (PAM) is a rare and usually deadly disease caused by an amoeba, Naegleria fowleri. This microscopic animal is found worldwide and is rather common, but the infection is rare. The infection occurs when the amoeba enters the body through the nose. This occurs when an individual is swimming or diving. The amoeba then travels to the brain and destroys the organ. Although the risk of contracting this disease is rare, some prevention is worth practicing when swimming in any natural body of water, including TRWD lakes and the Trinity River.

  • Avoid swimming in coves that are isolated from the main body of the reservoir
  • Avoid swimming when the water is really warm
  • Hold your nose or wear nose plugs when diving or jumping into the water
  • Avoid digging or stirring up sediment when swimming in shallow water areas

TRWD tests all the reservoirs and the river regularly for a bacteria, E. coli, that is an indicator of polluted water. While this test is not for Naegleria fowleri specifically, TRWD does not feel contact recreation is a significant problem. To whatever small degree, the risk of infection does exist and individuals wishing to use the reservoirs or the river should consider all risks involved. Click here to learn more from the CDC.

Water Supply / Lake Levels

Where does Tarrant County's water come from?

During a typical year, 80 to 85 percent of the water TRWD provides to its primary wholesale customers comes from Cedar Creek and Richland-Chambers lakes. The other 15 to 20 percent comes from Lake Bridgeport, Eagle Mountain Lake and Benbrook Lake. (Benbrook Lake is managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers).

What does conservation level mean?

The amount of water an entity can impound at a reservoir under its Water Rights Permit. Once a reservoir fills its conservation pool, any water above that level must be discharged unless the water is being temporarily stored for routing flood waters.

Conservation Levels for TRWD Lakes:

Richland-Chambers 315.0

Bridgeport 836.0

Eagle Mountain 649.1

Cedar Creek 322.0

Conservation Levels for Non-TRWD Lakes:

Arlington 550.0

Benbrook 694.0

Lake Worth 594.0

Does TRWD post information about water levels and pumping changes? 

Yes. TRWD posts this information daily. TRWD’s Daily Report is updated every 24 hours and lists the following data for TRWD lakes as well as Benbrook Lake, Lake Arlington and Lake Worth: Conservation Level, Lake Level, Change in Lake Level, Pumpage from Lake, Pumpage into Lake, Flood Discharge, Water Release and Evaporation.

But we have a reliable water supply, why should I protect/conserve water?

Water supplies are strained by growing populations and increasing demand. Each year, Texans spend more than $1 billion dollars on new or expanded water supply and wastewater treatment facilities. Water conservation not only saves money on your monthly water bill, it also minimizes future water shortages and costs. The district manages two water conservation campaigns: Save Tarrant Water and Water is Awesome.