Curriculum & Education
- Stream Channel Physics
- Stream Trailer Lesson Plan
- Stream Trailer Lesson Plan - Spanish
- Water Trailer Conservation
- Water Trailer Conservation - Spanish
- Water Trailer Curriculum Enviroscape
- Water Trailer Curriculum Enviroscape - Spanish
- Water Trailer Point Source vs NPS
- Water Trailer Rainfall Simulator
- Water Trailer Rainfall Simulator - Spanish
- Stream Trailer Virtual Demonstration
Water Education Trailer
- What is the maximum about of people that can be taught with the stream trailer at a time?
- What is the best age group to be taught by the stream trailer?
- Kindergarten through any professional level.
- Can my child’s school/church group use the stream trailer?
- Education Trailers must be reserved through the application process below.
- Does booking the stream trailer also mean I am booking a facilitator to teach it?
- No, if you want a TRWD facilitator to teach the stream trailer, you have to request it in advance. You will need to check for staff availability.
- You can teach the Stream trailer yourself with the help of training aids provided in the share point folder. Education Trailer Facilitator Classes are hosted by the Watershed Program and are open to TRWD, city, and agency staff.
- What if my event is off campus and I do not know how to pull the trailer?
- TRWD Operations staff are equipped to train staff on District Procedures and Safety Protocol. Contact Ronny Cook, Fleet Manager, for staff availability.
- You are responsible for the transportation and facilitation of the trailers for your events.
- How do I learn how to use and teach the stream trailer?
- Curriculum is provided in share point folder.
- Education Trailer Facilitator Classes are hosted by the Watershed Program and are open to TRWD, city, and agency staff as well as the public.
- How far in advance should I book the stream trailer?
- Minimum one month before the event. Busiest months are April, May, and October.
- Some events are booked a year in advance.
- What are some lessons the stream trailer can teach?
- Courses are unlimited, but some examples: what are watersheds, river shapes, components and processes of a river system, landscape level BMPs.
- What is the difference between the Stream Trailer (ST) and the Reservoir Trailer (RT)?
- The Reservoir Trailer (RT) includes a metal reservoir at the top of the trailer, whereas the stream trailer has 2 pipes pumping water directly into the stream. Photos in SharePoint (coming soon).
- Can I pull the trailer with my personal truck?
- The Stream Trailers have the district’s tax exempt license plates, and must be towed with a tax exempt vehicle.
- Can my event be canceled by weather?
- Yes, these education trailers require appropriate and safe weather conditions for traveling and teaching, as well as the student learning experience
- Does TRWD have a virtual version of the Stream Trailer Lesson?
- Yes, you can access our video demonstration at the “Stream Trailer Virtual Demonstration” link above.
- You can request the associated worksheet, lesson plan, and extension activities by emailing email@example.com.
Lake Sampling Locations
Trinity River Monitoring Program