The six-mile loop trail around Marine Creek Lake in northwestern Tarrant County provides the public with additional access to one of area's best kept secrets. Featuring a picturesque boardwalk and numerous benches that provide beautiful views of the lake, this trail is a perfect place to run, walk, ride bicycles or just unwind from a busy day with family and friends.
A new trailhead, which is near Tarrant County College’s Northwest Campus, features parking, restrooms, misters, water fountains, a new dock for canoes and kayaks and an improved boat ramp. Plus it includes lighted trailer parking for approximately 35 trailers and a courtesy dock.
Marine Creek Lake also provides excellent fishing opportunities for anglers. The 250-acre lake can be accessed by boat or by fishing from the shore, and includes fish species such as Largemouth Bass, Spotted Bass, Channel Catfish, White Crappie and Sunfish.
Activity upon this reservoir is governed by the general ordinance of the Tarrant Regional Water District, in addition to all applicable state and federal regulations pertaining to inland waterways.
Special Regulations for Marine Creek Lake:
Marine Creek Lake has been designated as a NO WAKE LAKE; no watercraft may
operate in a manner and speed so as to cause the waves from the watercraft
Personal watercraft, water skiing, tubing or any similar activity is PROHIBITED except in designated areas by special permit.
The following are excerpts from the district's general ordinance and the
Texas Water Safety Act:
- No person shall be at a distance of more than 100 feet from the shoreline unless accompanied by a boat except within buoyed swimming areas.
- No person is permitted to wade or swim within 100 feet of boat launching areas, except within buoyed swimming areas.
- A motorboat must have at least one life preserver, life belt, ring buoy or other device of the sort prescribed by the regulations of the commandant of the Coast Guard for each person on board, so placed as to be readily accessible.
- Located on the east side of the lake, off the 820 access road. 2700 NW Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76179.
- 1-lane paved ramp with parking for approximately 35 trailers
- No fee required
- Open all year
- Operated by Tarrant Regional Water District (817) 237-8585
- Get Directions