TRWD staff continues to monitor conditions in the TRWD reservoir watersheds 24 hours a day. Rainfall remains in the forecast for the remainder of the work week. For the latest weather updates follow the National Weather Service (NWS).
River levels at the West Fork Trinity River Jacksboro and Boyd gage sites have remained below flood stage. River levels at the Trinity River at Trinidad and Chambers Creek near Rice in the Richland-Chambers area remain in flood stage, with the Chambers Creek near Rice gage measuring flows in the Major flood stage. Use linked names to find the latest information from the NWS River Forecast Center for these sites.
The latest reservoir projections follow:
- Bridgeport continues to rise, but is not projected to fill at this time.
- Eagle Mountain appears to be cresting this evening at approximately 649.5 ft-msl.
- Lake Worth has received some localized rainfall that has pushed it slightly above elevation 594.7 ft-msl.
- Richland-Chambers is above conservation level. Discharges were increased today.
- Cedar Creek is above conservation level, and discharges were increased today.
Please be advised that forecasts are made barring additional rainfall and are subject to change. TRWD reservoir operations are based on observed rainfall conditions. Additional updates will be provided here if conditions dictate. Please check back.
The latest update of reservoir conditions follows:
- Current reservoir elevation: 832.59 ft-msl.
- Conservation level elevation: 836.00 ft-msl.
- Change in past 24 hours: +0.43 ft.
- Current discharge is 0 cfs.
Eagle Mountain Lake
- Current reservoir elevation: 649.49 ft-msl.
- Conservation level elevation: 649.10 ft-msl.
- Change in past 24 hours: +0.03 ft.
- Current discharge is 770 cfs.
Lake Worth (owned and operated by the City of Fort Worth)
- Current reservoir elevation: 594.73 ft-msl.
- Conservation level elevation: 594.00 ft-msl.
- Change in past 24 hours: +0.31 ft.
- Current discharge is 1,700 cfs.
- See City of Fort Worth news feed for updates on lake.
- Current reservoir elevation: 322.39 ft-msl.
- Conservation level elevation: 322.00 ft-msl.
- Change in past 24 hours: +0.35 ft.
- Current discharge is 7,200 cfs.
- Current reservoir elevation: 316.01 ft-msl.
- Conservation level elevation: 315.00 ft-msl.
- Change in past 24 hours: +0.48 ft.
- Current discharge is 15,100 cfs.
Please call the Flood Hotline for further information.
If prompted to leave a message, the flood monitor on duty will return your call within 30 minutes.
*ft-msl – feet above mean sea level; cfs – cubic feet per second
Post based on conditions as of October 17, 2018, at 7:00 PM