Salary Range – $18.00 – 24.57/hr.
This part-time position provides front office support for the Fort Worth campus. Responsible for staffing the lobby, greeting visitors and answering the District’s main phone number; District mail service; coordinating use of meeting rooms including order food as required; meeting setups and takedown; receiving payments from public and staff; posting Open Meeting Notices, as needed; ordering and stocking supplies; building coordinator duties as assigned; coordinating service for office equipment and providing support within the Administrative Services team.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position.
- Answer main District phone number, responding to basic questions or directing callers to the appropriate staff member during assigned shift
- Provide lobby coverage and greet visitors during assigned shift
- Run the District mail service; prepare and send outgoing District mail, retrieve incoming mail; sort, stamp and distribute mail physically or digitally as needed
- With a member of the Admin Services team present, process received payments in accordance with documented payment procedures
- Act as Building Manager to ensure buildings and the supplies within are well stocked, organized and tidy for an overall professional appearance
- Handle courier services as required
- Responsible for scheduling and coordination of meeting rooms, including meeting setups and takedown. May require ordering and/or picking up food for meetings
- Order, stock and organize office, break room, and conference rooms and supplies
- Maintain general cleanliness in administrative work room, employee break room and conference rooms
- Coordinate service, supplies and maintain office equipment in common areas as needed
- Provide backup support with Administrative Services team as needed; including answering phones, assist guests, process incoming mail and accounts receivable
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Provide clerical support as requested
- Perform other duties as required
- Monday through Thursday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Excellent communication skills including phone and email etiquette
- Must be flexible, personable, positive and cooperative
- Proficient with MS Office products such as Word and Excel
- Proficient with computers and related equipment
- Solid work ethic, attention to detail, initiative and resourcefulness
- Must be able to prioritize duties and be well organized
- Must have professional appearance and demeanor
- Five plus (5+) years of front office experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas driver’s license
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Dependability – reliable in attendance, punctuality and trustworthy in word and action
- Detail oriented – conscious effort to focus on impactful specifics
- Organization – plans, implements and follows up on multiple projects and reports
- Initiative – identifies problems, recommends solutions and implements new processes
- Time Management – prioritizes tasks as needed to complete on time
- Comprehension – understands information verbally and in written form
- Writing – compose e-mails, letters, etc. using correct spelling and grammar
- Communication – uses verbal and written tools effectively
- Support – maintains a strong customer service ethic in all interactions
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, and use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, balance, stoop, talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.