Summer Intern – Communications Intern – Fort Worth
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Type Of Employment: Summer Intern
The Communications Intern is responsible for helping implement goals, ideas and events for the Communications and Planning department at Tarrant Regional Water District.
The ideal candidate would be a college sophomore, junior, senior or grad student pursuing a degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Journalism, Social Media, Communications, Advertising, Public Relations, English, or a related field.
Flexible Scheduling. Prefer Monday – Friday 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM at our Fort Worth, TX location. This position is a seasonal position for the summer of 2019 only.
- Previous job experience in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, or other related fields.
- Must be detail-oriented, organized, and have the ability to oversee small projects through to completion with excellent time-management for on-time delivery.
- Proficiency in social media management (Facebook Business Manager, Facebook Ads Manager, Instagram).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Texas Driver License
- Understanding of marketing strategies, digital advertising, branding, and social media industry trends.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Proficiency in some or all of the Adobe Creative Suite software.
- Basic to intermediate level of proficiency with photography.
- A basic understanding of WordPress is a plus.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Monitor social media accounts, respond to questions, and engage with followers.
- Write and post content for social media platforms under the direction of the Communications Strategist.
- Help write new blog posts for TRWD’s website and Trinity Trails mobile app.
- Photograph TRWD assets and events that can be used for digital marketing, including Twin Points Park events.
- Assist the Creative Media Manager with video projects, as needed.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Must not be afraid of heights. Must be able to drive necessary distances when required. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have an office or cubicle, however field work will be required on an as needed basis which will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.