TRVA Assistant Event Coordinator – Seasonal – Fort Worth
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Type Of Employment: Seasonal
The Trinity River Vision Authority is looking for an individual that works well in a fast paced environment, is energetic, and has an interest in marketing and OUTDOOR special events. TRVA Seasonal Assistant Event Coordinator will assist in the set up/ take down, coordination, clean up, site support and marketing of special events including but not limited to Rockin’ the River, Fort Worth’s Fourth, Sunday Funday, Oktoberfest and working Trinity River Vision informational booths at other community events. Pay is $10.00 – $11.00 per hour based on experience. The job is a seasonal job and runs from June through the end of September.
- Able to do heavy lifting
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Valid TX driver license and dependable transportation
- Able to work OUTDOORS in various weather conditions
Summer Hours beginning June 10th:
- Monday-Friday : 9 AM – 5 PM with Two Days off a Week
- Saturday: 8 AM –12 AM During Rockin’ The River
- Sunday: 10 AM – 7 PM During Sunday Funday
- MANDATORY DAYS THAT YOU MUST be available to work:
- June 24th – July 4th. July 4th is a 7am – 12am work day
- July 6th, July 13th, July 20th, July 27th, August 3rd, August 10th
- September 25th – September 30th
- NOTE: Hours listed are approximate. Actual hours will be based on tear down times
Please Note: The above hours are mandatory after June 10th but the position is being filled now for hours mutually agreed upon.
- Perform set up and tear down duties at events
- Provide site support for all special events required by providing a variety tasks through the duration of the event
- Distribute promotional materials such as coupons and event posters around DFW
- Perform Inventory, set up, sales, and shipping of event merchandise
- Assist with vendor and sponsor hospitality at events
- Perform beverage bar-back/stocking duties
- Assist in accounting and reporting for events
- Maintain watersports equipment including tasks such as airing and stacking tubes and organizing life jackets
- Perform administrative office support such as filing, copying, answering phones, organizing event supplies, moving equipment, assembling marketing materials, office runner, etc…
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides out in the field for long periods of time exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.