Physical Security Integration Technician III – Cedar Creek/Ennis/Waxahachie
Location: Trinidad, Ennis, and/or Waxahachie, TX
Type Of Employment: Full Time
This position requires an advanced skill level of low voltage electronics, with a background in security system installation, hardware, software, and networking. Identify risks and provide specific solutions and recommendations to video surveillance, access control systems, and intrusion detection devices. Continually learn new products, upgrades and software programs related to electronic security systems. Assists the department with preventive maintenance schedules, work schedules, and troubleshooting. Resolves operational and safety concerns. Assists other departments as needed to provide team-centric support. This position requires limited supervision to ensure tasks are completed.
This position is based out of East Texas. The incumbent will perform Physical Security Integration tasks at our facilities located within Waxahachie, Ennis and Cedar Creek.
- Five (5) years of experience installing and maintaining low voltage electronic security equipment
- High School Diploma or GED
- Must be able to perform advanced computer operations
- Advanced understanding of IP networks and how to troubleshoot IP related equipment as it relates to the physical security industry and related hardware
- Provide supervision and installation instruction to subcontractors and co-workers
- Structured cabling understanding (110 wiring blocks, Cat 5-6, Fiber Optics)
- Must have the ability to read and interpret blueprints
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Associate’s degree or Trade school certification
- SC-AFC-001 – Genetec Auto View Certification
- SC-OTC-001 – Genetec Omnicast Video Certification
- SC-STC-001 – Genetec Synergis Access Control Certification
- SC-ETC-001 – Genetec Enterprise Software Certification
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Strong Interpersonal skills for interfacing with co-workers and subcontractors
- Perform site surveys, document findings, and provide solutions
- Program and test installed security systems
- Ability to retrofit door frames and gates for electrified door hardware; In field peripheral devices (motion sensors, REX, DPS, and push buttons); and Camera and Access Control hardware replacement that may change the way devices are mounted in field.
- Maintain operational efficiency of physical security measures
- Knowledge in training of personnel in access control and surveillance systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Manage projects to deliver successful implementations by meeting project requirements and adhering to industry and company standards
- Performs data entry into computer applications
- Prepares costs estimates, obtains quotes and follows Purchasing policies and procedures
- Responds to service request
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Perform other duties as required
- Assist in the development of the departmental budget
- Maintain compliance with established standards
Success factors/job competencies:
- Listens and responds constructively to others ideas and needs
- Act to align own goals with the strategic direction of the District
- Seeks performance feedback
- Consistency in the installation of equipment
- Safe use and secure storage of tools and equipment
- Proper troubleshooting techniques
- Display the capability to adapt to new, different or changing environments
- Participate in training
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.