Inspector I – Cedar Creek
Location: Trinidad, TX
Type Of Employment: Full Time
Under the general supervision of the permitting supervisor, or his/her designee, the Inspector performs a variety of administrative and permitting duties.
The Inspector serves as an ambassador to the general public, business owners and other governmental agencies within the region of the reservoir(s) promoting the missions and policies of the District.
- Two (2) or more years of related work experience.
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Environmental Science, Biology or related field, or equivalent related work experience.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook experience.
- Knowledge of construction management, construction standards, practices and industry standards.
- Valid Texas Driver License.
- Designated Representative License issued by the TCEQ is required within six months of employment.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Ability to interact with internal and external customers via phone, electronic communications and in person
- Knowledge of the National Electric Code, Texas Health and Safety Code, Texas Administrative Code and Water/Wastewater Treatment plant operations.
- Maximo software experience.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Performs improvement permitting and OSSF permitting in accordance with District Policy and State Law. Maintains records of permitting transactions and insures accuracy.
- Performs visual inspections of improvements and OSSF facilities on a routine basis to insure overall compliance with the District’s General Ordinance and Waste Control Order.
- Performs inspections of watercraft for on board toilet facilities.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with other departments within the District to insure that overall mission goals are accomplished.
- Coordinates and performs quarterly meter readings with water customers to verify usage and generates reports.
- Monitors OSSF maintenance contract compliance from homeowners.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Provides information, directions and assistance to the public in a variety of situations; takes reports and assists the public with complaints or unusual situations.
- Maintains inspection equipment.
- Provides administrative support as required to staff District Offices.
- Night patrols of piers and boat houses.
- Assists with district sponsored weekend community events.
- Performs other duties as required.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Organizational Skills – ability to effectively plan and organize job assignments to achieve desired results
- Multi-Tasking – ability to handle multiple assignments at any given time
- Initiative – ability to carry out daily assignments without the need for direct supervision
- Problem Solving – ability to work with the public to reach sound decisions that meet District and State of Texas guidelines
- Record Keeping – ability to maintain precise records
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will perform duties within an office or cubicle and will also perform field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Ability to operate a district owned vehicle will be required. Some of the work duties will be performed near or over water and may require the use of a watercraft.