Facilities Maintenance Technician II – Waxahachie
Location: Waxahachie, TX
Type Of Employment: Full Time
The Facilities Maintenance Tech II is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of water district buildings, and structures.
- Must have two (2) years of experience in a related field.
- Ability to identify materials and labor necessary for an assigned task or project.
- Ability to lead others and be responsible for the start and finish of assigned projects.
- Valid Texas Driver License.
- High School Diploma or GED.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Perform maintenance, such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc., on TRWD buildings, structures and grounds.
- Hauling materials and equipment for maintenance projects.
- Responsible for the start and finish of assigned projects including, but not limited to, leading work crews and identifying materials and labor needed.
- Perform data entry on work orders and for time-keeping.
- Uphold safety standards and clean work environment.
- Interact and coordinate with other TRWD personnel.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- After hours Emergency Response.
- Perform other duties as required.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Good communication skills are a must.
- Influence and motivation of others.
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Uphold safety standards.
- Clean and organized work environment.
- Computer skills.
- Ability to communicate and work well with other departments.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within a computer workroom, pump station office and/or out in the field exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position will also work in confined spaces, on water ways such as lakes or rivers, and at various heights.