Location: Fort Worth, TX
Type Of Employment: Part-Time (29 hours per week or less)
The Video Content Creator works directly with the Employee Development Manager to create custom, compelling video content, from ideation through production. The content developed will be used internally to help train, educate, and increase engagement in our employees.
- Real world videography and production experience that shows a passion for film, photography and design
- Knowledge of the video production process: directing, filming, interviewing, boarding, editing, encoding, uploading, and managing media
- Excellent production skills: photography and videography, camera operation, sound, lighting, and quality sound capture
- Excellent post-production skills
- Proficient in either Adobe Creative Cloud suite of programs (Premiere, After Effects, Audition, Illustrator, etc.) or Apple Pro Apps (Final Cut Pro X, Logic Pro X, Motion, Compressor, and MainStage).
- Exceptional design sense and the ability to iterate design concepts quickly with top quality
- Well-organized, detail-oriented, flexible and helpful, and an insightful self-starter
- Ability to create and share strong narrative presentations to show designs to internal teams
- Quick learner with an avid curiosity and sense of passion for video content creation
- Ability to work both in a self-directed manner on a project and deadline-driven environment, depending on the situation
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent collaborative skills
- Highly creative and willing to think outside the box
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to troubleshoot and recognize errors
- Valid Texas Driver License
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Responsive, accountable, strong employee focus, passionate about people and comfortable with frequent changes and change management
- Create content that aligns with our Mission, Vision, and Strategic Plan, while staying within budget
- Understand the importance of audiences, and think strategically, as well as creatively, to leverage the most relevant content
- Edit both live action and animation projects
- Use digital storytelling, photography, animation, motion graphics, and other creative techniques to develop and build valuable content
- Execute the video content strategy through ideation, writing, planning, production, editing, and publishing processes
- Self-shoot and direct, deliver end-to-end, as needed – sometimes on a tight timeline
- Maintain standards to ensure consistency in quality, look, feel, and tonality across video content
- Collaborate with multiple content and product stakeholders to execute multi-faceted creative concepts
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Perform other duties as required
Success factors/job competencies:
- Listen and respond constructively to others ideas
- Acknowledge employees for job well done
- Align personal goals with the strategic direction of the District
- Seek performance feedback from management and team members
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is often required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee may reside within an office, cubicle, or work remotely and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.