Location: Fort Worth, TX
Type of Employment: Full-Time
This position will rely on pre-established guidelines to facilitate and expedite the flow of materials/tools to and from various departments for associated projects. Receive, store, inspect and issue stocked tools and equipment directly to employees and departments as needed. Maintain records of the tools and equipment issued and returned, manually or by using computer.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver License
- One (1) to two (2) years tool room/warehouse experience and knowledge of inventory systems
- Ability to operate a forklift
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Coordinates day to day activities of the tool room at the direction of the Fleet Manager.
- Maintain, store, inspect, and distribute tools and equipment to the organization.
- Maintain database inventory in Maximo of all available stocked tools.
- Ensures timely, correct posting of all stock tool transactions to the Stock Tool Module in Maximo.
- Inspects and measures tools and equipment for defects and wear, visually and reports damage or wear to supervisors.
- Repair, service and lubricate tools and equipment.
- Analyzes inventory reports and submits recommendations to the Fleet Manager.
- Performs annual stock tool inventory counts and valuations.
- Coordinates the sale of surplus tool/equipment.
- Responsible for keeping the tool room clean and orderly.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Performs the duties of coworkers in their absence as assigned by the Fleet Manager.
- Performs other duties as required.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Knowledge of inventory principles, methods and practices.
- Familiar with computers and Microsoft office.
- The ability to professionally communicate with all levels of staff.
- Reliable and organized.
- Knowledge of Texas statutes governing the District’s disposal of surplus property.
- Skilled in written and oral communications and establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to think ahead and plan over a one year time span.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft software products and IBM Maximo software.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle as well as a warehouse environment and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time. Equipment used includes forklift, pickup truck, and computer.