Position Type: Contract Labor $20/hour
Tarrant Regional Water District (TRWD) is seeking lifeguards for the summer season to supervise guests at the following Panther Island Pavilion (PIP) Events: Sunday Funday and Rockin’ the River Tubing and Music Series, Fort Worth’s Fourth and PIP Beach Concessions. Lifeguards will be responsible for maintaining PIP and enforcing the water rules and regulations as well as ensuring the safety of our guests by preventing and responding to emergencies.
Applicant must be willing to work the following dates:
Sunday Funday – Sundays
July: 11, 18, 25
August: 1, 8, 15, 22, 29
Rockin’ the River – Saturdays
July: 3, 10, 17, 24, 31
Fort Worth’s Fourth
Panther Island Pavilion Beach Concessions – Saturdays outside event dates
August: 14, 21, 28
*Final schedule will be determined based on event needs and number of lifeguards hired.
Essential and other important duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Enforce rules and regulations.
- Prevent accidents and perform rescues.
- Perform appropriate first aid when necessary.
- Maintain a high level of physical and mental fitness.
- Assist in cleaning and maintaining Panther Island Pavilion.
- Answer questions pertaining to the use of the water.
- Have a current Open Water Certification through September 5, 2021 or participate in one of the Open Water Certification Classes* Dates and times are TBA.
- Must be able to work outdoors in the Texas heat.
Must be at least 16 years old and have the following certifications valid through September 5, 2021:
- American Red Cross: Lifeguarding/First Aid/CPR/AED
- American Red Cross: Waterfront Skills
Tarrant Regional Water District affords equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, religion, age, disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation. This policy is practiced in all personnel actions and conditions of employment.