Salary – $18.00/hr.
Assists Park Supervisor in all aspects of operation, administration and maintenance of Park structures and equipment as needed. Coordinates facilities and grounds maintenance with other District departments as required for Twin Points Park. Position requires a working knowledge of Park operations and the ability to supervise others with satisfactory results. Be reliable and customer service oriented as you serve as the primary point of contact for our customers. Your goal will be to ensure guests enjoy their experience at Twin Points Park and encourage visitors and guests to return to our facilities.
* Knowledge of park operations and maintenance.
* Knowledge of and ability to develop staff duty schedules.
* Ability to communicate to peers and subordinates in a productive manner that promotes cooperation and inspiration to perform.
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Must successfully qualify for and obtain a Texas Driver’s License (class A or B).
* Ability to communicate with guests while maintaining a positive attitude when facing difficult situations
* Training in park management and or facility management in a park setting.
* 10 hour OSHA course in General Industry Safety and Health.
* Basic first aid and CPR training.
* Spanish Speaking
* Strong Oral Communications Skills
Essential functions and responsibilities:
* Assists in the supervision of the daily operation and maintenance of Twin Points Park as delegated including but not limited to emptying trash, maintaining / cleaning life jackets (loaner program) and spot cleaning bathrooms.
* Assists in following District Policies and Procedures and ensuring that all tasks are performed in a safe and professional manner in accordance with industry standards.
* Assists in the develop duty schedules to fulfill staffing needs as delegated.
* Serve as liaison representing the District to the users of the Park; fielding complaints, accommodating special needs, and helping to ensure overall public enjoyment of the facility.
* Be the communications liaison for the Twin Points Park and TRWD’s Administration Office.
* Provide information to guests about programs, events, and amenities.
* Solicit feedback and reviews of guest experience at the park during their visit through various District outlets. (TripAdvisor, Yelp, Google, Facebook)
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
* Ability to communicate with the public and other organizations to support the mission of the District and provide information.
* Knowledge of the geographic area of the District as well as an understanding of the culture of the citizens within of the area of service.
Success factors/job competencies:
* This position requires a well-rounded multi-talented person that can not only perform the required tasks but also lead others in the pursuit of a common goal.
* This position requires a person with the ability to properly follow District policies and procedures while serving as an example to peers and subordinates.
* Understanding of the high standards demanded by the District in regard to the operation of District facilities.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides out in the field for long periods of time exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.