Performs all aspects of operation and maintenance of Park structures, facilities and equipment. Provides information to Park visitors and assists them with special needs. Informs and engages with guests about programs and events held at the park.
Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Knowledge of park operations and maintenance.
- Knowledge of park rules and regulations.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays.
- Ability to communicate to the public in a productive informative manner.
- Ability to communicate with guests while maintaining a positive attitude when facing difficult situations
- Must successfully qualify for and obtain a Texas Driver’s License (class A or B).
- Training in park management and or facility management in a park setting.
- 10 hour OSHA course in General Industry Safety and Health.
- Basic first aid and CPR training.
- Spanish Speaking
- Strong Oral Communications Skills
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Performs the daily operation and maintenance of Twin Points Park as assigned including but not limited to emptying trash, maintaining / cleaning life jackets (loaner program), spot cleaning bathrooms and providing information to the public concerning rates, rules and regulations.
- Provide information to guests about programs, events, and amenities.
- Solicit feedback and reviews of guest experience at the park during their visit through various District outlets. (TripAdvisor, Yelp, Google, Facebook)
- Must follow District Policies and Procedures when performing tasks to ensure a safe and professional work environment.
- Serve as liaison representing the District to the users of the Park; fielding complaints, accommodating special needs, and helping to ensure overall public enjoyment of the facility.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Ability to communicate with the public and other organizations to support the mission of the District and provide information.
- Knowledge of the geographic area of the District as well as an understanding of the culture of the citizens within of the area of service.
Success factors/job competencies:
- This position requires a well-rounded multi-talented person that is comfortable communicating with the general public.
- This position requires a person with the ability to properly follow District policies and procedures while serving as an example to peers.
- Understanding of the high standards demanded by the District in regard to the operation of District facilities.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides out in the field for long periods of time exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.