Location Address – 6613 Ashby Lane. Trinidad TX 75163
Receive new supplies, track packages and monitor on time delivery, quality, and accuracy. Procure materials and services under $25,000 using co-ops, sole source, OEMs and purchase orders. Determine order costs, compile cost reports, and forward invoices to correct accounts. Manually or mechanically, load and unload materials from pallets, skids, platforms, cars, lifting devices, or other transport vehicles. Contact suppliers to resolve shipment problems.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Enters and processes purchasing invoice transactions in MAXIMO
- Processes purchase requisitions and associated documents
- Orders, modifies and cancels TRWD procurement cards as needed
- Organizes, distributes, reconciles and files procurement card statements, reports and supporting documents
- Monitors orders and expedites delivery
- Compares invoices to purchase orders and reconciles discrepancies
- Receives, unpacks, checks, stores and/or routes merchandise and materials
- Notifies material recipients when their order is available for pick-up
- Picks-up and delivers merchandise and materials as needed
- Performs the daily duties of coworkers as assigned by the Purchasing Coordinator in their absence
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
- Two (2) to (5) years of experience in purchasing and/or general administration
- Three (3) years of administrative experience
- One (1) to two (2) years of experience in a purchasing setting
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas driver’s license
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Commitment to District values
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft software products and IBM Maximo software
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.