Manages and coordinates accounts payable activities, including processing and payment of invoices and proper filing and storage of records.
- High School Diploma or GED
- 0-2 years of experience in the field or related area
- Valid Texas Driver License.
- College degree with concentration on general business and accounts payable or two (2) years of experience in a related field.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Enters and processes accounting transactions in the District’s accounting system. This includes accounts payable, payroll, journal vouchers and accounts receivable transactions.
- Organizes and files accounting department reports and supporting documents.
- Assists in preparing annual filings.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Assists as backup for assigned areas of accounting.
- Performs other duties as required.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Strong attention to detail.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.