Location: Fort Worth TX
Type Of Employment: Temporary Position (40 hours per week or more)
The Operations Maintenance Worker will assist their respective operations department with cleaning and upkeep of district fleet/welding facilities, pipelines, ROW, and/or floodway.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Perform vegetation maintenance, painting, and cleaning on pipelines, floodway, ROW or in operations facilities/property.
- Build and/or paint fences
- Operate chainsaws
- Pull and park utility trailers to job sites
- Utilize weed eaters, zero turn mowers and/or standard mowers
- Pick up trash along ROW and/or floodway
- May supervise day laborers
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
- Prior experience using a weed eater and/or standard mower
- Pulling and backing up utility trailers
- Ability to accomplish one of the following:
- Operator a tractor
- Grind, cut, or weld
- Light fleet mechanical repairs
- Prior experience using a zero turn mower
- Prior experience painting
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- High School Diploma
- Valid Texas CDL Class A or B without restriction E
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Perform general maintenance of TRWD structures and grounds including pipeline and floodway
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Independence — Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides out in the field for long periods of time exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time. They will periodically work in buildings without climate control. This position will also work in confined spaces, underground, in diches, on water ways such as lakes or rivers, and at various heights.