The Marketing and Special Events Coordinator will provide marketing and event support for events and campaigns that support Trinity River recreation and programming initiatives on Panther Island.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field or four (4) years of related experience
- Two (2) years of previous Marketing and/or Special Events Coordination experience
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with the ability to work on several projects simultaneously, and effectively manage time and resources to meet multiple project deadlines.
- Must be able to excel in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
- Available to work evenings and weekends.
- Valid Texas Driver License with reliable transportation.
- Business casual attire required as a standard, business professional required when appropriate
- Knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and InDesign is a plus
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Assist Event Director with event coordination tasks (including, but not limited to, events such as Fort Worth’s Fourth, Rockin’ the River, Oktoberfest Fort Worth, TRWD Flyfest, Sunday Funday, Panther Island Ice). This position will work all events as a lead team member on set up, execution and tear down. These are multi-faceted events, which require a variety of administrative and “boots on the ground” tasks. This candidate needs to be willing and able to work weekends and nights and perform physical labor in all types of weather conditions. Candidate needs to be flexible and prepared to adapt to change or additions at all times
- Tasks for event coordination could include but are not limited to:
- Research and make recommendations to Event Director for vendor ideas, secure vendors
- Order supplies and services
- Work POS (Point of Sale) system and handle cash
- Fill out and track vendor forms and event close out reports
- Count and track nightly beverage inventory
- Prepare supplies for various aspects – snacks, coolers, towels, clean trailer, first aid, signage, trash bags, etc…
- Manage seasonal event employees including lifeguards (create schedule, find replacements, sign time cards, order supplies, provide t-shirts, etc…)
- Prepare promotional items for events (t-shirt gun prep, giveaway shirts, etc…)
- Secure and manage volunteers for all events
- Manage merchandise inventory
- Oversee merchandise sales at events
- Handle online sales and distribution
- Set up ticket sales through ticket service providers, monitor, track, report
- Coordinate FWISD field trip program at Panther Island Ice
- Group reservation coordination tasks for Panther Island Ice (confirmation emails, website set up, calls, etc…)
- Other tasks associated with event coordination as directed
- This position will provide marketing and promotions support for the various events and river programming initiatives. This requires diligent follow ups, organized tracking of tasks, deliverables and deadlines as well as continuous communication with event director. Examples of marketing tasks include but aren’t limited to:
- Create and maintain a creative production schedule for each event, follow up with graphics designer and web developer and event director to assure all deliverables are submitted to the various medias by deadline
- Research and obtain bids for printing and execute for items such as rack cards, posters, recap booklets, signage, brochures, coupon cards, etc…
- Proof communication materials such as website, emails and print materials
- Create website content for approval and work with web developer for execution, update websites or components of website that don’t require coding skills
- Proof all communication materials such as website, emails and print materials
- Deliver posters, rack cards, flyers, coupons to various locations across town, manage seasonal support to do such task as they are available to assist
- Administrative support – letters, mail outs, budget reports, copies, printing
- Man promo booths for event promotions at places like bars, restaurants, other events, etc…)
- Research long term advertising opportunities – billboards, street banners for annual bookings, digital advertising, etc…and implement booking as directed
- Research and recommend community group engagement opportunities
- Adopt-A-Drain program coordinator – manage orders, installation coordination and execute outreach and marketing
- TRWD Geocache program coordinator – monitor all caches, create new as needed, update website as needed, respond to public inquiries, keep up with annual membership, execute community outreach and marketing
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Perform other duties as required
Success factors/job competencies:
- Able and willing to do physical work outside for special events and promo booths
- Able to establish and maintain harmonious working relationships with fellow employees, town officials and the general public
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment, solicit cooperation and teamwork, to create innovative approaches, and resolve problems diplomatically
- Able to work evenings and weekends
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Clean and organized work environment
- Computer skills
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time as well as reside within an office or cubicle.
Salary Range – $40,019.00 – $48,796.00