Type Of Employment: Part-Time
Flexible Shifts – timeframe: 7am-1pm, 12pm-6pm, 5pm-11pm
Shifts can be discussed during the interview.
Salary – $18.00/hr.
The Janitor is responsible for cleaning TRWD buildings and facilities including (offices, restrooms, kitchens, fitness centers, concession areas, pump stations, etc.). Depending on the type of building, the position can be exposed to varying environmental conditions. This may include climate controlled, non-climate-controlled, and Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required areas. This position relies on direct instruction and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job and is a part time position working 29 hours or less per week.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Empty trash
- Clean restrooms and kitchens
- Stock cleaning supplies in appropriate areas
- Start dishwasher at the end of the day
- Vacuum buildings
- Mop floors
- Buff concrete floors
- Use a floor scrubber
- Wax floors
- Clean windows
- Clean insects and cobwebs from floors, walls, ceilings, windows, cabinets, etc.
- Drive assigned company vehicle to different locations
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- High school diploma or GED
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- The ability to work with others
- Avoid reports of insufficient cleaning
- Can recognize items that need attention and resolve
- Ability to self-motivate and perform duties without continuous supervision
- Use computer time entry program to accurately record time worked
- Ability to adhere to a preapproved work schedule
- Be willing to accept location changes to normal cleaning schedule as required
- Maintain professional relationships with other TRWD staff
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; climb a ladder up to four feet; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work within an office environment, warehouses, and have field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.