The Facility Maintenance Technician I is responsible for the maintenance and upkeep of water district grounds, buildings and structures.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to this position.
* Perform maintenance, such as painting, carpentry, plumbing, etc., on TRWD buildings, structures and grounds
* Hauling materials and equipment for maintenance projects
* Perform data entry on work orders and for time-keeping
* Uphold safety standards and clean work environment
* Interact and coordinate with other TRWD personnel
* After hours Emergency Response
* Participate in applicable condition assessments
* Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
* Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
* Perform other duties as required
* Prior experience in a related field
* Valid Texas driver’s license
* High school diploma or GED
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
* Good communication skills are a must
* Must be self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
* Ability to understand and follow instructions
* Uphold safety standards
* Clean and organized work environment
* Computer skills
* Ability to communicate and work well with other departments
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
* Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within a computer workroom, pump station office and/or out in the field exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time. This position will also work in confined spaces, on water ways such as lakes or rivers, and at various heights.