The Engineering Intern will directly assist with a wide range of projects related to infrastructure engineering and water resources engineering. The intern will gain exposure to infrastructure and water resource engineering through daily experiences in the professional environment.
- One year of completed college coursework and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Civil, Environmental, Mechanical, or Electrical Engineering.
- Qualifications desired:
- One or more years of completed college coursework and working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering.
- Preferred Minimum Coursework: Fluid Mechanics, Water Resources, Hydrology, and Hydraulics.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SQL databases and query language.
- Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Assist in preparation of reports and presentations on program activities.
- Attend on- and off-site meetings as necessary.
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and manage time wisely.
- Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to communicate well both written and orally.
- Demonstrate a professional demeanor.
- Physical demands and work environment:
- The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk or hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will work within an office or cubicle.