The Community Relations Intern is responsible for helping implement goals, ideas and events for the Community Relations team within the Planning department.
- 1+ year of experience
- College students (Junior or Senior), graduate students, or recent graduates available to work part-time at our Fort Worth, TX location (approx. 20 – 29 hours per week).
- Students or recent graduate with a background in Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, Public Administration, or a related field.
- Understanding of community outreach, public organizations, event logistics, marketing strategies, and industry trends.
- Must have proficient skills using Microsoft Office Suite (specifically MS Excel).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail orientated, punctual, and able to multi-task.
- Ability to attend events outside of normal business hours (some weekends and evenings required).
- Experience working for and/or collaborating with nonprofit or government organizations.
- Experience in content writing.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support for TRWD’s community relation initiatives and programs.
- Assist in the execution of key events including the Trinity Trash Bash and other TRWD hosted events.
- Draft documents and communication pieces in support of community partnerships and outreach efforts.
- Attend external community events on behalf of TRWD.
- Organize photography/documents on internal shared drive.
- Performs other duties as required.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Experience using Adobe Creative Suites
- Experience using social media in a professional setting
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Must not be afraid of heights. Must be able to drive necessary distances when required. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have an office or cubicle, however field work will be required on an as needed basis which will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.