The Communications/Marketing Intern is responsible for helping implement goals, ideas and events for the TRWD Panther Island – Central City and Panther Island Programming Departments.
- 1 + year of experience
- College students (Junior or Senior), graduate students, or recent graduates available to work part-time at our Fort Worth, TX location (approx. 20 – 29 hours per week)
- Student or recent graduate with a background in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Journalism or Social Media, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, PR, English or related field.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented and have a strong attention to detail as well as be organized
- Must have proficient skills using social media platforms such as but not limited to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn in a professional setting
- Must have proficient skills using Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to attend events outside of normal business hours (some weekends and evenings required).
- Experience in content writing.
- Understanding of marketing strategies, digital advertising, branding and industry trends
- An understanding of WordPress and Adobe Creative Cloud is a plus
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Help monitor social media accounts, such as but not limited to Trinity River Vision, Panther Island – Central City, and Panther Island Pavilion
- Assist in generating weekly content for social media platforms
- Run campaign reports, analyze data and provide insights and recommendations
- Develop ideas on how to better engage customers and drive digital engagement
- Help create new blog posts for trinityrivervision.org and pantherislandpavilion.com, including writing, editing and posting through WordPress
- Organize photography and files
- Assist on projects to drive customer engagement such as but not limited to the creation of the weekly e-blast, PULSE, content and future campaigns
- Delivering printed marketing materials to designated locations throughout the city as needed and running other errands for various events as requested *Must have a reliable car
- Coordinate with management to execute contests including ticket and merchandise giveaways and their associated advertising campaigns supporting marketing and outreach efforts.
- Using organization-issued equipment, take photographs and video of organization events and projects as needed.
- Assist at community outreach events. Including, but not limited to, attending events, operating booths, handing out information, finding new opportunities for participation.
- Assist team on-site for events such as Fort Worth’s Fourth, Rockin’ The River, Sunday Funday, Oktoberfest Fort Worth, and Flyfest.
- Willing and able to work weekends, nights, and preform physical labor in all types of weather conditions
- Provide administrative support such as but not limited to mass mailings, taking inventory, preparing materials for events, covering the front desk when needed
This candidate needs to be willing and able to work weekends and nights and perform physical labor in all types of weather conditions.
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Must be able to drive necessary distances when required. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have an office or cubicle; however, fieldwork will be required on an as needed basis, which will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time and for extended periods of time.