The Budget Analyst Senior is responsible for supporting the budget process through reporting and reconciliations. They also budget reports for management review.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Review budget entries to prepare for budget reports.
- Support preparation of budget reports for management review.
- Communications with other departments regarding budget.
- Assist in preparation of annual budget.
- Prepare for and record Allocation of costs.
- Prepare Quarterly Budget vs Actual reports for Management.
- Supports review of invoices for accuracy as well as budget and project coding.
- Preparing journal entry transactions and other processing needs.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly reconciliations.
- Assists with special accounting projects as necessary.
- Assists other departments with accounting/budget data as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
- Two (2) to four (4) years of experience in accounting related position
- Four (4) to six (6) years of experience in accounting related position
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Valid Texas driver’s license
- Master’s degree in Accounting
Success Factors/Job Competencies:
- Good communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work as a team
- Ability to manage multiple assignments
- Taking ownership of assigned tasks
- Takes initiative
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects,tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.