Manages professional level accounting functions and the preparation of reports including preparing the budget, reporting on the budget to management and budget versus actuals.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- 5-7 years of experience in accounting related field
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Supervisory/Management Experience
- 2 years of experience working with budgeting
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Prepares/Compiles District’s annual budget
- Reviews quarterly budget vs. actual reports
- Reviews monthly reconciliations
- Reviews/Records transactions
- Communications with other departments regarding budget
- Manages daily processes within the accounting department
- Reviews monthly budget/coding reports
- Identify training budget needs
- Performance review alignment
- Job description review
- Maintain familiarity with strategic District levels of service
- Continuous improvement monitoring and innovation efforts
- Perform other duties as required
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Assists with special accounting projects as necessary
- Assists other departments with accounting data as needed
- Performs other duties as required
Success factors/job competencies:
- Able to work as a team
- Detail oriented on reviewing the work of others
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.