The Accounting Supervisor is responsible for monitoring, tracking, and reporting on all cash, investment, and debt activity. They are also responsible for monitoring and reconciling bond project activity and balances.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Five to seven (5-7) years’ experience in accounting related field
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Certified Public Accountant
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Monitors cash daily and informs manager of any changes that require action
- Reconciles bond project activity monthly
- Communicates with Project Managers for project updates and upcoming cash flow needs
- Prepares all debt payments and monitors to ensure proper and timely payment
- Reviews investment activity
- Prepares quarterly investment reports for management
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Performs daily duties as needed to fulfill segregation of duties controls within the accounting department
Success factors/job competencies:
- Detail oriented
- Must be able to understand how small decisions will make large impacts on the District
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides within an office or cubicle and may have occasional field work that will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.