Summer Intern – Government Affairs
Location: Fort Worth, TX
Type Of Employment: Intern (20 to 30 hours per week)
Anticipated Schedule: Anytime between 8am-5pm with possible evening hours
We are looking for a summer intern for our Government Affairs Department.
Functions and responsibilities:
- Support conservation activities and coordinate efforts with customer city staff.
- Assist with Learn and Grow Program activities with Tarrant County Master Gardeners by coordinating classes and workshops; keeping accurate records of programming; support maintaining program schedules and inventories.
- Provide administrative support to department including mass mailing projects.
- Participate in special projects, assignments and events as needed.
- Intern may be given special assignments depending upon their special interests and skills. The special assignment will expand their educational learning from the internship. They will have a mentor within the conservation staff who supervises the special assignment. Example assignments include: development of new educational materials, analysis of program results, proposal for a new program, and design of marketing materials to expand a program.