Anodes Crew Member – Temporary
Location: Ennis, TX
Type of Employment: Temporary
The Anodes Crew Member assists full-time staff in data collection, maintaining and modifying the existing cathodic protection system.
- Ability to understand hydraulics on the pipeline
- Ability to read and comprehend map books
- Understanding of cathodic protection principles
- Mechanically inclined
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Texas Driver License
- Prior experience with welding, equipment operation (dump truck, backhoe, tractor, drilling truck, trencher, etc.), and/or power tools (chipping guns, impact wrenches, cutting torches, grinders, etc.)
- Valid Texas CDL Class A with hazmat (H) endorsement and without restriction E
Functions and responsibilities:
- Maintain, monitor and install new zinc anodes, cathodic protection test stations, and all other pipeline protection measures in the field.
- Assist in data collection, maintaining and modifying the existing cathodic protection system.
- Utilize various equipment, such as dump trucks, trailers, backhoes, utility tractors, drilling equipment, trenchers, welding equipment, hand and power tools, air power tools, shovels, etc., to complete assigned tasks.
- Perform other duties as required.
Success factors/job competencies:
- Ability to professionally and effectively correspond through oral and written communications
- Professional and effective oral and written communications to internal and external recipients
- Perform general maintenance of TRWD structures and grounds including pipeline and floodway
- Attention to Detail — Job requires being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks
- Dependability — Job requires being reliable, responsible, and dependable, and fulfilling obligations
- Cooperation — Job requires being pleasant with others on the job and displaying a good-natured, cooperative attitude
- Stress Tolerance — Job requires accepting criticism and dealing calmly and effectively with high stress situations
- Concern for Others — Job requires being sensitive to others’ needs and feelings and being understanding and helpful on the job
- Independence — Job requires developing one’s own ways of doing things, guiding oneself with little or no supervision, and depending on oneself to get things done
- Self-Control — Job requires maintaining composure, keeping emotions in check, controlling anger, and avoiding aggressive behavior, even in very difficult situations
- Adaptability/Flexibility — Job requires being open to change (positive or negative) and to considerable variety in the workplace
- Initiative — Job requires a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Persistence — Job requires persistence in the face of obstacles
- Innovation — Job requires creativity and alternative thinking to develop new ideas for and answers to work-related problems
- Integrity — Job requires being honest and ethical
- Achievement/Effort — Job requires establishing and maintaining personally challenging achievement goals and exerting effort toward mastering tasks
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee typically resides out in the field for long periods of time exposing the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time. They will periodically work in buildings without climate control. This position will also work in confined spaces, underground, in diches, on water ways such as lakes or rivers, and at various heights.