The Communications Intern is responsible for helping implement goals, ideas and events for the Communications and Planning department.
- 0-1 year of experience
- Junior, Senior or Graduate students available to work during the Spring of 2018 full-time or part-time, Monday – Friday, 9AM – 4:30PM at our Fort Worth, TX location.
- Students pursuing a degree in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Journalism or Social Media, Communications, Advertising, Journalism, PR, English or related field.
- Must be detail-oriented and organized
- Must have proficient skills using Social Media, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Suite
- Strong eye for details
- Understanding of marketing strategies, digital advertising, branding and industry trends
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- An understanding of WordPress is a plus
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Monitor Social Media accounts, generate some content for social media platforms and post paid and non-paid content as well as monitor social media analytics and generate weekly/monthly reports
- Help create new blog posts for TRWD’s website, including interviews, writing, editing and posting through WordPress
- Organize photography/documents on sharepoint and TRWD’s website
- Create graphics using Adobe Suite
Nonessential functions, skills and experience:
- Performs other duties as required.
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Physical demands: While performing duties of job, employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; balance; stoop; talk and hear. Must not be afraid of heights. Must be able to drive necessary distances when required. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Work environment: While performing the duties of this job, the employee will have an office or cubicle, however field work will be required on an as needed basis which will expose the employee to weather conditions prevalent at the time.